From: "W dot Phillip Moore" <wpm at ms dot com>
Subject: SybPerl v2.08 and Open Client version 11
Date: Nov 21 1997 4:40PM

I've been off the list for a while, just rejoined today, so I'm sorry
if this has been beaten to death in recent discussions...

Will the sybperl-2.08 release link with Open Client 11.x, and more
importantly, work?

The reason I ask may be of interest to users of SGI's hardware.  We
are very interested in building a version of perl5 compiled 'cc -n32'
which will offer *very* significant performance improvements for the
core perl5 product.  However, one must also compile all extension
libraries with the same -n32 option, and this require having -n32
versions of the Sybase OC libraries.

Guess which version of Open Client Sybase made -n32 available for?
Version 11.

So, is this possible?  Anyone tried and made it work?

W. Phillip Moore                                        Phone: (212)-762-2433
Information Technology Department                         FAX: (212)-762-1009
Morgan Stanley, Dean Witter, Discover & Co.                E-mail: wpm@ms.com
750 7th Ave, NY, NY 10019