From: mm
Subject: Re: Other SQL servers than Sybase on Windows NT?
Date: Nov 20 1997 6:26PM

== I would like to move some of my Sybase perl scripts from
== unix to Windows NT, and would like to know if could use
== som other SQL server than Sybase like Sybase SQL Anywhere
== or Microsoft SQL server?

Michael already addressed Microsoft SQL server.

SQL Anywhere doesn't speak Sybase's internal protocol (TDS)
directly, but there's a gateway which translates the protocol
to SQL Anywhere speak. From my former life in the Sybase JDBC
group I seem to remember that this gateway is not included
in free evaluation copies, but has to be ordered from Powersoft.
This may have changed in the meantime. Take a look at
	http://www.sybase.com/products/internet/jconnect/
The SQL Anywhere situation should be address somewhere around
there, probably in the FAQ
	http://www.sybase.com/products/internet/jconnect/jdbcfaq.html

Martin
BEA Systems, JOLT Development