From: mm
Subject: Re: Sybperl/html
Date: Nov 19 1997 1:11AM

Michael already addressed the possibly missing SYBASE variable.

A few more tips:
- use the CGI.pm module, it makes life *a lot* easier (convenient
  access to form data, short cuts to most html tags, debugging
  from the command line while faking cgi environment, etc.)
- run your script with the -w flag, this will spit out a whole
  bunch of (useful) warnings.
- "use strict;" This will force you to declare all variables
  (which is good programming practice anyway :-).

CGI.pm should available from your favorite CPAN. Also, take a
look at the newsgroup comp.lang.perl.misc. A "perl meta FAQ"
is posted weekly (or goto www.dejanews.com).

Martin
BEA Systems, JOLT Development

== From owner-sybperl-l@trln.lib.unc.edu  Tue Nov 18 15:15:00 1997