From: Doug Robson <doug at cia dot com dot au>
Subject: Sybperl/html
Date: Nov 18 1997 10:16PM

Hi all,
maybe a newbie question

I am called a perl script denoted as .cgi ( which is allowed at my ISP ,
and othere generaly work ).
The web server is Solaris 2.6. Perl version 5.004, sybperl 2.08.

my question is that whilst if i hard code the user/password, etc into my
perl script i can successfully login to a sybase 11 server, extract
valid data, and generate the html output in the script to successfully
redisplay back to my browser, If i try to use a form to post the values
i see them going into the script thru debug but it causes a server side
failure and generates a premature end of headers message in the
error_log for httpd.

I wonder if it because of the post action i am somehow losing the scope
of the request and then the httpd side has no where to send it..

sorry its curly but mistakes are just a humble way of learning!!

thanks in advance

Doug Robson
--
                      When I die
   I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather

Mail me at mailto:doug@cia.com.au <----------------
- - - - - - -> or visit http://www.cia.com.au/doug
or maybe take yourself to http://www.clubcars.org.au                  |