From: "Cheng, Victor" <Victor-Cheng at deshaw dot com>
Subject: RE: Sybperl makefile for NT contains errors
Date: Nov 17 1997 7:35PM

I figured out the missing libraries:

1. "-libcomn" in the following line of the DBLIB/makefile.pl should be
changed to "-llibcomn"

	$lib_string = "-L$SYBASE\\lib -libcomn -llibsybdb";

2. The following line in the generated makefile refers to the other
missing libraries in nmake's warning. But, I don't think I'm using odbc
since I'm using Sybase's Open clinent. So, I'm OK.

LDLOADLIBS = import32.lib cw32mti.lib  odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

3. Well, I still don't know how to resolve the syntax error in the
makefile that starts with -e:

# --- MakeMaker pm_to_blib section:

pm_to_blib: $(TO_INST_PM)
	@$(PERL) "-I$(INST_ARCHLIB)" "-I$(INST_LIB)" \
	"-I$(PERL_ARCHLIB)" "-I$(PERL_LIB)" -MExtUtils::Install \
        -e "pm_to_blib(qw[ $(mktmp,pmfiles.dat $(PM_TO_BLIB:s,\,\\,)\n)
],'$(INST_LIB)\auto')"
	@$(TOUCH) $@