From: Rob Truban <rtruban at erols dot com>
Subject: Cross Platform Sybperl
Date: Nov 17 1997 5:15PM

Hi all,

I need to access a Sybase server that resides on a Sun box from a an NT
box.  Will that be possible with Sybperl?   I have script that does the
queries I want, but I've only tested it on the Sun box.  I would like to
have the Perl script launch from an NT machine open a connection to the
Sun, do the desired queries, create a file, retrieve the file and import
the (data) file into an Access DB on the remote NT machine.  Has anyone
ever done or heard of someone doing something like this with
perl/sybperl?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks In Advance,

Rob Truban